Monday 28 March 2011

Survivalist Mentality

I'm more of a contemporary survivalist. I am prepared for a nuclear holocaust hell I could survive a zombie apocalypse. I am mostly just prepared for my own self-sustainability.survivalists and that is a definition in Brittan it called bushcraft I like the British version.You are describing living off the land and that is what we did we did in70380 things for fun it was work but it is a lot of fun too we were a real healthy family. Air-conditioning and cable is what is fueling obesity when you have no ac you eat less and get out and do things like bike hunt fish play street ball Frisbee go metal detecting all active things that occupy and get you away from the snacks.Maybe "Provivalist" is a better term. The things you are talking about are proactive, rather than reactive and far less paranoid. I was raised in a household that always kept a full pantry and mom was ready to throw a meal on the table for all who showed up at the door. Raised by Depression-era parents who experienced rationing - you live stocked up and nothing is wasted. Great that you make these skills part of your lifestyle, passing knowledge to your kids and hopefully, your wife as well. you can learn and have fun at the same time. I think that's the best way to remember important things for when you're in a survival situation too.The majority of "Survivalist" which I consider my self as one too, is reactive instead of proactive. Meaning not enough are envolved in positive politics or government work. As a Marine, Combat Vet, current Arabic Student at DLI... I'm trying to stay on the wall. I'm working towards Counter Terrorism .

No comments:

Post a Comment